Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Recent Finishes

.
Well, I had my husband take pictures of a number of finishes, and works in progress, with the idea that I could post something every day and have a picture to go with it, then about a week later he could take more pictures and do it again. I'm finally posting! This first one is a piece I finished for my friend, Sandy, and gave it to her for her birthday, along with other goodies (chocolate, a candle, etc.). Sandy has been a friend for years and years. This picture was taken by me, as I was heading out the door to meet her for lunch back in the summer, so the light isn't as good as if my husband had taken it. It's a Lizzie Kate freebie, and the frame is one that I had that just happened to fit. It was a very fun piece to stitch, and quick, too, though I do tend to leave the finishing work until the last minute, then am stressed and rushed with it.


This next piece is a lace doily which I knitted, learning some techniques from a class I took. I knitted it while waiting for Stanford in the hospital when he was recovering from his surgery in June. It only took a few days, and was fun, once I got past the fiddly part in the center, which is where it starts. I have tons of the yarn left, and though pink is not my favorite color for a doily (they didn't have too many colors of the Cotton Fine to choose from), the rest of the yarn will make a nice baby sweater, I think.

I have a few more finishes, and hope to post again either tomorrow or the next day. To give an update on Stanford, he's on his third kind of chemo, and has had one round of it. We go back for more tomorrow. We don't know yet if this one is working, and he'll have another CT scan soon to see. He was feeling side pain, which is now gone, and had some nausea from the chemo, which is also gone now. He hasn't had to take any of the anti-nausea medicine for a week, or the oxycodone for a week, either. He looks really good, and is getting more energy each day. I can only hope that how good he feels and how good he looks are signs of improvement.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love both of your finishes. I am so glad that Stanford is more comfortable and hope/pray this is a sign that the tumors are starting to shrink. You know you are in my prayers.

Annemarie said...

Lovely finishes, Joyce! I'm looking forward to the pictures of your other projects. I hope this new round of chemo will work out well for Stanford. I'm thinking of all of you!