Monday, October 16, 2006

Time Traveling



Well, I've discovered how to time-travel . . . you just plan to stitch something on Thursday, then not get to it until Monday, so you pretend it is the previous Thursday. Hurray! I went back in time! Here is a picture of Celtic Autumn, as it was a couple of weeks ago. Then last week I just added about ten beads. Then today I stitched for a couple of hours on it. I love stitching on the fabric! I changed needles from a short John James, back to my favorite Piecemaker, and the stitching is going much more smoothly. The green gives better coverage, for some reason, than the brown, but I think it will be ok. Also, though I stitch in hand, I use the stick-and-stab method rather than the sewing method, so it takes me longer.

For those who are keeping up with Stanford's cancer and treatment, Stanford and I leave on Friday morning at about 5:30, to get to Dartmouth by 7am for his next CT scan. This is, coincidently (?), at the same time our church is holding a fast for Stanford and others in our congregation in need of special prayers and health. It is comforting to know so many people will be uniting their faith at the same time, on Stanford's behalf. I'm very nervous about the results of the CT scan. I want to know if the most recent treatments have worked. But I want to know they HAVE worked. I want good news! Stanford has recovered from the latest chemo more quickly than the last time, and continues to be pain-free. He is feeling good, and seems to have lots of energy, and his color is good. These things give me hope.

5 comments:

Carol said...

My prayers keep going for you guys! Please update us quickly (as you can)!!

CA looks so nice - love the fabric too.

Von said...

I've only recently found your blog, Joyce, but have been concerned about your son and have been praying.

Anonymous said...

CA looks great. I'm glad to know when Stanford's next CT scan is. I am praying since his pain is less that the tumors are shrinking. Thanks for keeping us updated so we can pray more effectively.

Annemarie said...

Well, of course you want good news! I will be thinking of you, as always, but especially on Friday.
Celtic Autumn looks fabulous. Isn't it amazing how much difference a needle makes?

Unknown said...

My thoughts are with you and your family for a speedy recovery for your son.

CA is looking great.