Sunday, October 15, 2006

September goals report/October goals



Well, here is how much I've done on In Search of the Perfect Pumpkin. Which is NOT what I intended! But I do tend to be a little ambitious on my goals, both for stitching, and for daily life. So this is no surprise, really. Here, then, are my September goals (right on time, of course, now that it is the middle of October!), and how I've done on them:

1. Work on Celtic Autumn with Ann and Sue on Thursdays. Yes, I did this! Well, it wasn't always on Thursday, but I worked on it for a goodly amount every week.

2. Finish In Search of the Perfect Pumpkin, which I started a couple of years ago. Not done yet. But I have worked on it some. And this picture doesn't show how much I have completed, either.

3. Start and do half of the latest Loose Feathers piece. Nothing done on this other than kit it up.

4. Finish Mill Hill beaded autumn kit. Nothing more done on this, either.

5. Finish My Garden Wild. Nope. The last post's picture is what I've done on it.

So I guess a more realistic October goal list might be something like this:

1. Continue working on Celtic Autumn on Thursdays with Sue and Ann.

2. Work on In Search of the Perfect Pumpkin.

3. Finish Little Witch, by Shepherd's Bush. (Did I mention I've started project after project recently? This may be one reason I have not finished things.)

4. Finish Halloween Hanger piece.

And a few goals that are more for organizing than stitching:

5. Organize no more than 7 projects in project packs (one for each day of the week) to be used in a sort of rotation system, and put the rest away for now.

6. Update blog and photos of projects in progress.

And how about a couple of knitting goals, just for good measure:

7. Finish Bar Harbor socks (I'm almost done, on to the toe of sock #2!)

8. Unravel and re-start Harvest Tweed sweater.

There, that's enough goals for now. Though I am in a start-it-now mood, and every time I go into my stash to look or to find something, I want to start at least 12 projects.

And now, for one more piece pictured for this entry. This is yet one more reason I haven't finished my goals--it is a Shepherd's Bush piece I began two years ago, and just finished. I need to have it framed, and it came with the cute mat. It was such a pleasure to work with the silks, which is why I then began Little Witch, which also has silks.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the SB Autumn piece. And In Search of the Perfect Pumpkin looks great too. Keep at that one it was a fun stitch and wasn't too bad for amount of time to do it. I'm waiting to see where you are on Celtic Autumn, you need to post a pic :). Hope all is still going better with Stanford.

Barb said...

In Search of the Perfect Pumpkin is coming along nice. All your pieces look great. By the way the cat in pumpkin in your previous post is so cute. I did that one last year and is a quick and fun stitch.

catandturtle said...

I love these autumn pieces! This is the best season to stitch in my opinion. Awesome pictures. Ann.