Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Another New Project

Here is one thing I started while Stanford and I were at Dartmouth for his 5-day treatment. It is Flea Market Souvenir, by Blackbird Designs, and is stitched on three pieces of fabric that are then sewn together and embellished with embroidery. I just love this piece, and I've loved working on it! I find so many of my pieces are seasonal, which I just love, too, but it was a delightful change to stitch something that is not particular to some holiday that is coming up . . . any time . . . oops, it passed and the piece is still not done, oh well, maybe next year. It's either that, or I'm stitching pumpkins when I should be stitching tulips or red, white, and blue, when I would like to stitch red and green. So this is great! No matter how long it takes me (and this first section took just a couple of days while we watched movies on the little DVD player we brought), I won't be out of season on it!

8 comments:

Carol said...

Hi Joyce - what a great new start!!

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

What a great start. I am interested to see this piece get stitched up.

Anonymous said...

Your piece looks nice. You're the first one I've seen sttiching it :). I hope you had a chance to work on Celtic Autumn last night.

mainely stitching said...

What a beautiful beginning you've made! I love this design. :)

catandturtle said...

I love this. I didn't like it when I first saw it but yours looks so much cooler. I really like it now, the colors are awesome. Ann.

Annemarie said...

This is such a lovely project. And, let's face it, we all get a little bored stitching pumpkins all the time...

Lelia said...

I like Flea Market Souvenier - if it is fun to stitch ... keep working on it. Lovely colors.

LOL, my pumpkin pattern is difficult for me to follow; however, I am slowly x-ing along.

enjoy the day

Barb said...

Looks like you are off to a great start. Looking forward to seeing more progress.