Thursday, June 15, 2006

Life Throws Curves, Sometimes


Finally, the pictures worked! Well, here they are, though the Spring Cottage has lots more added to it. I've been stitching a lot, in hospital waiting rooms. When John takes more pictures, I'll post them.

The graduation went well, and Stanford was feeling better for that, so we thought it must have been a virus after all. Then he was in more pain on Saturday night, and Sunday and finally late Sunday we took him again to the emergency room. They admitted him because they couldn't find the cause of the pain and he needed morphine to control it. Monday late afternoon they did a laproscopy to look around and take out the appendix if it turned out to be that. Then they found that it was a bowel obstruction, a blockage in the small intestine, caused by a tumor, which the doctor said was a kind of lymphoma that will respond well to chemotherapy. He said he got the tumor completly, and there was no sign of anything else. They have sent it to pathology, and when it is analyzed all the way, we'll be talking to an oncologist to see what happens next. So, this post is short, and I'm off to the hospital to be with Stanford. John has been sleeping there at nights while I do home stuff, and I go over during the day. He has missed work all this week, but has a very understanding boss, even though he has only been at the job for five weeks. They said they'll work out everything later, and to take care of the family, that's the important thing right now. More later as I know more.

7 comments:

mainely stitching said...

My thoughts and hopes are with you that your son is soon fully recovered and recuperated. Take care!!

Anonymous said...

Joyce- It sounds like Stanford has good doctors. I'll keep him in my prayers for a full recovery. If you need anything please let me know.

Carol said...

Oh my gosh Joyce! I am so sorry to hear this! I will keep you and your family in my prayers! {{Hugs}}

Rachael said...

Hi , I just stummbled onto your blog from Barbara's . First of all,the ble socks are great- what yarn/color is it. I think I need it. I am also working on th eflag socks- I should get the first one done today. Secondly and most important, I hope your son is feeling better and on his way to recovering.Will send healing thought his way

LivnLaf said...

Life works in very mysterious ways...and unfairly sometimes too...but outlook sounds good and you and yours are in my prayers.

catandturtle said...

Hi Joyce. I am sorry to hear about Stanford. I am thinking of him and your family. If you need anything, let me know. Ann.

Annemarie said...

Joyce, I'm so sorry to hear about your son's illness. I will be thinking of you and your family!