Saturday, August 23, 2008

Still stitching and knitting . . .

Well, I finally got my DD's help to set this blog up to be more what I want it to be. In the past seven months since I last posted, life continues to be busy and good, and I continue to miss my boy, as I will for the rest of my life. Our family went to Utah on vacation, for a wonderful family reunion (minus the aforementioned DD, who went to CA instead to visit friends, and attend San Diego Comic Con), then DH and the two youngest kids and I went to Palmyra, NY, to see the Hill Cumorah Pageant, which was a wonderful experience, and uplifting, as always. The kids have been busy with lots of different summer activities (Girls' Camp, Youth Conference, EFY, a summer job, finishing up a bachelor's degree, etc.), and I have been the transportation for most of these things, and the volunteer for Girls' Camp on the ending day.

I've been doing a lot of knitting, and more stitching lately (by the pool in the afternoon provides wonderful light). Here is one of my projects, an afghan I began while waiting for one of Stanford's CT Scans, and finally finished it earlier this year. I considered donating it, because it has some painful memories attached to it, but someone said it would be a nice thing to have for later, and that's what I'm finding. It is made with Red Heart Sport Weight yarn (NOT my favorite, but inexpensive), and it will be cheerful to display at Christmas. There is a pile of other finished projects waiting to be photographed, including the same afghan with a cute border, but now it's time to get ready to take my oldest DS and his girlfriend (whom I am meeting this evening for the first time!) to dinner.

---
Things I have done in which I am well-pleased: updated my blog!,
worked on a knitted afghan that was started about three years ago, finished reading the Book of Mormon with my family.

Things that make me happy: autumn-like weather, herbal tea, my DD who is also my best friend, knitting, stitching, books.

5 comments:

Shadrach Anki said...

I just wanted to tell you that I'm glad we were able to update things so that you're happy with how your blog looks! *hugs*

Nancy said...

Love the Blog! I'm so happy to see you are posting again. Sounds like you are keeping busy. I love working on projects outside by the pool in the summer also. There is no better light...Nancy

Jane said...

What a beautiful afghan. I agree you should keep it in Stanford's memory. And, isn't it great to have a DD who is your best friend too - we are both blessed that way!

Barb said...

I think it's great that you are blogging again. Hope to read more. The afghan is gorgeous.

Craft-i-leigh said...

I hope your son is doing well, both actually.
I am new to the world of stitching and have been browsing various blogs to try and gain some knowledge and get some tips / ideas. I originally started with a stamped, then counted “kits”. I’m working on my 2nd chart and have noticed some big differences in floss types and quality.
My Cross Stitch Mentor has told me that I’m ready to graduate from Aida, but I really like Aida. Maybe it’s just beginner’s comfort???
If you could answer my question… What type of fabric or fabrics do you prefer and why? Brands and counts?
I would appreciate any advice, thanks!