Wednesday, January 23, 2008

A is for ANNIVERSARY


Well, it has been a year. A whole year. A year since I last posted, and more importantly, a year since I said final, earthly good-byes to my dear sweet son, Stanford. Our family is doing well, and I'm doing well, though we miss Stanford more than we can say. Tears sometimes come easily, and I always carry tissues with me, and buy only waterproof mascara. But they don't come every day the way they used to. I find great comfort in family and friends, knitting and reading, stitching and taking care of my home. I have projects to be photographed, piled up on a nearby table (I won't allow myself to wear the socks or use the dishcloths until they are properly recorded). And I have several wonderful gifts friends have given me, made with much love, which I will also photograph to show. But for now, this is a good way to begin again, with an unofficial entry into the ABC-Along I've seen on a couple of blogs, and a picture to remember Stanford.
******
Things I did today in which I am well-pleased: attended the Temple, found a memorial candle at the grocery store, practiced the piano in preparation for my lesson.

Things that make me happy: knitting, fresh chocolate chip cookies, friends who let me know they're thinking about me, a cozy house on a cold night.


8 comments:

mainely stitching said...

Dear Joyce, it is wonderful to see a post from you. I have thought of you and your family so often over the past year and wondered how you were.

Please take care and know that you are thought of often.

Unknown said...

It's wonderful to see you back in blog-land! I have missed you and thought of you now and then and wondered how your family was doing.

Peace to you!

Mary said...

Glad to see you back Joyce. I think of you and your family often. I'm glad you are keeping busy with so many things. It's great to have many friends around you and your family.
Hugs!
Mary

Barb said...

Joyce,
I think about you often it is nice to see that you are ok.

I can't wait to see what you have been knitting.
Take care:-)

Jane said...

Welcome back to blogland. I look forward to checking in on you now! Do you realize it's been almost a year since we first 'met' on Whoduknit? I know it's been a very hard year for you and hope we've doing just a little bit to help you heal. Hope we can actually meet in person this summer in Bar Harbor!
Hugs,
Jane

Jane said...

You've been tagged! It's an easy fun one - to to my blog for details!
Jane

Von said...

Welcome back, Joyce; it's good to see your update.

Aussie Stitcher said...

It is great to see a post from you, glad you are well, take care {{{HUGS}}}