Wednesday, December 13, 2006

I Have Not Dropped Off the Face of the Earth!

Life has been extremely busy and stressful. I'll post pictures later, but wanted to at least give a little update. On November 21st, my son, Stanford, almost died. He had internal bleeding that the doctors could not stop, and we were told in the emergency room that the would not live very long. He is home now, and you can read more about him here. This is a website my husband made, and has been keeping up to let people know about Stanford and our family. We still do not know what will happen. The treatment Stanford is receiving has about a 5% chance of working, according to the educated guess of the doctors, but we have to try. My SIL, Lori, pointed out that God has preserved Stanford, because He made Stanford get better when the doctors could do nothing. We hope and pray for more miracles, and take things one day at a time.

I've spent a fair amount of time crying, and cope by stitching a little, knitting, and crocheting. I'll show pictures sometime! I am also learning to let go and let people help. They've brought in dinners, run errands for us, done our laundry, covered the newspaper route over the Thanksgiving weekend, and now are coming in to sit with Stanford and help out so John and I can work, sleep, shop, shower, and whatever else we might need to do. I've been able to do a little Christmas shopping, also some decorating.

One day at a time! Pray for another miracle!

12 comments:

Senorita Stitches said...

My heart goes out to you. I will be in prayer for your dear son.
((hugs))

catandturtle said...

I think about you guys all the time and read up on how stanford is doing on the website. He is one strong young man. Ann.

catandturtle said...

I think about you guys all the time and read up on how stanford is doing on the website. He is one strong young man. Ann.

catandturtle said...

I think about you guys all the time and read up on how stanford is doing on the website. He is one strong young man. Ann.

catandturtle said...

I think about you guys all the time and read up on how stanford is doing on the website. He is one strong young man. Ann.

catandturtle said...

I think about you guys all the time and read up on how stanford is doing on the website. He is one strong young man. Ann.

Chelle said...

My prayers are with your family. {{{HUGS}}} from a fellow blogger.

Anonymous said...

Joyce, you all are still in our prayers daily. I'm glad John keeps up posted on how he's doing so we can pray more effectively.

mainely stitching said...

Oh! Oh, oh, oh! I just don't know what to say. I have checked back here so often hoping to hear that Stanford is doing fine ... and now this.

I cannot guess at the cosmic reasoning behind all this. I admire and respect your family so much. You've dealt with more than most families would over a whole generation, and yet you accept each day with grace and hope. You're a miracle.

Annemarie said...

Oh Joyce, I'm so sorry to hear about all this. I will be thinking of all of you. {{{hugs}}}}

LivnLaf said...

I know we have never "chatted" between blogs but I feel a need to tell you I ahve been following you and your son's progress since all of this started shortly after you started your blog. My heart goes out to you as well as prayers.

Katrina said...

I can't imagine, your son and family are definitely in my prayers. I read your blog often, but have never posted a comment before. {{{{hugs}}}}