Friday, November 10, 2006

Leftover Halloween Pieces


I've decided to continue on, and finish, the autumn/Halloween pieces I've started. There are four of them. I'm not counting Celtic Autumn with this group, because she is a SAL, and though she is Autumn, she somehow falls into a different category. I will also be adding winter and Christmas pieces, and am trying to decide whether to make some ornaments as gifts to enclose with gift cards to send to family out west, or do something else for them. So the Autumn pieces will still stay in my bag, and get regular attention, but I'll do others as well. Here is what I've done on In Search of the Perfect Pumpkin. I just love the colors on this one, which is funny because all my life I have been a pastel and pink/purple/blue sort of person. It just shows your tastes change and expand through the years.

And here is the Pumpkin Cat. I'm almost finished with him . . . isn't he cute? I won't be able to use him in this year's Halloween decorations, because they are now in the attic, and the Thanksgiving things, the few that I have, are waiting to be put out. I had better be quick about it, because we typically start our Christmas decorations the day after Thanksgiving! We'll see what happens this year.

This last one my husband entitled "Your Guess is as Good as Mine" in its file name, because to him (and possibly to you) it looks like a blob. And I was not around when he was uploading these pictures from the camera to the computer. But it is really Chessie and Me's Bittersweet and Pumpkins Sampler. It is taking me awhile because all of the lighter color is not cross stitch, but smyrna cross stitches, which take extra time. Also, it takes longer to do a piece if it is one of about ten in your stitching bag rather than the only one! But I love this piece, so I will spend the time to do it. It has other specialty stitches as well, and most of it is done with one thread over two linen threads.

4 comments:

Leslie aka zoeandcooper said...

They all look fantastic! I love the sunflower in the first one:)

Annemarie said...

I know what you mean re. changing tastes! I was never very fond of pastels, and now I'm doing an enormous sampler in pink! Your Halloween/Fall projects look great. Especially love the cat!

mainely stitching said...

Fun stuff!! :)

Lana said...

I love the pumpkin cat! It is one of my favorites! good job with all your WIP's!
~Lana~