Sunday, May 28, 2006

Starting Out

Until recently, blogging has seemed to me to be something that other people do. I enjoy reading my friends' blogs, and love seeing their stitched pieces. It's fun to "meet" new friends through their blogs, and I always love to be inspired by all the creativity I see. But now I have a desire to write one as well, and hope that keeping a blog will help my writing and journaling skills, as well as encourage more stitching and knitting. If I'm reporting on what I'm stitching and knitting every day or so, I must have something to report, after all!

The title of my blog was suggested to me by my son, who teases me that when I have stitching friends over to share our favorite creative activity, we always have M&M's and ice water (with or without lemon!). In his eyes, it adds to the genteel and ladylike feeling of these gatherings to have these refreshments (he says it's "lovely" to have M&M's and ice water).

Stitching is my first creative love, with knitting a close (but more recent) second. I also do some scrapbooking, and I love to read. I'm a little obsessive when it comes to organizing closets and bags and such, and I sometimes find myself spending more time on arranging my projects than on actually stitching them. But hopefully I'll soon be merrily stitching away with lovely progress pictures to post every day or two.

3 comments:

Lelia said...

Welcome to blogging : )

Butterfly Amy said...

Hi Joyce!
I'm happy to see you here in blog world :)

Hugs & Happy Stitching, Knitting and Reading!
~Amy

Anonymous said...

Good to see you back, Joyce.